Sorry about the radio silence… I’ve got many many WIPs on the go at the moment, which aren’t always the most inspirational things to blog. Also, we’ve been on holiday a bit, and work is super busy, which means I’m staring at a computer most of the day – hardly conducive to wanting to do the same thing at home! Continue reading
Am I the absolute last person on earth to have made this dress? Possibly… Except, no I won’t be, because it’s an amazing pattern, and deserves to keep on truckin’ long after the novelty value fades! She’s a few years old now, Anna, and I believe was super-popular on release – I didn’t buy it then, because the photo-shoot pictures didn’t really seem like it would suit me, or my lifestyle. Continue reading
…Although, what I really wish is that it was yesterday, before just over half my nation voted to abandon 40 years of civilised co-operation with the human beings that share our bit of the planet. I’m embarrassed to be British. That said, this is how democracy works, so if we don’t want to be subject to the whims of a power-crazed dictator, I guess we have to live with those of our fellow citizens. However… Just saying.
In other, slightly more cheerful news, here’s what I’ve been up to:
- Making my first commissioned baby-quilt! After the epic of the 10-foot-baby quilt, I was understandably a little reluctant to undertake this, but I’m so glad I did! (After ascertaining that it would be a very small quilt…). I really enjoyed making it, and it’s given me food for thought with regards to making items for sale.
- Making the brightest mini-quilt in the world ever. For a swap, though I think something went wrong in the sign-up, as I haven’t heard anything back. Whatever, I’ll find something to do with it!
- Not decorating the house. We said we’ll do it by Christmas, right?
- Buying wax print. More of this will happen.
.And here’s what you’ve been up to:
- I can’t like this refashion from ‘So, Zo…’ enough…
- Grainline continue their line of lush modern basics with the Penny tee – controversially, I didn’t in love with their Scout pattern, which I’ve come to realise is because I prefer cut-on sleeves in a woven t-shirt. I’m tempted by Penny, with the cute raglan styling, but it’s really hard to find good t-shirt fabric…
- Sanae Ishida reminds me that I still reeeeally want the Merchant & Mills Workbook, although I’m not sure minimalism really works on fat girls. I’m currently about a stone over my fighting weight, which I’m sure I’ll deal with when I can be bothered, but it’s definitely making me tend towards the bright-and-crazy in my fabric choices.
I’ll sign off with a happy thought:
If only… You take care, and see you soon!
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/15845209/?claim=hvpdzhggnsj”>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
It’s official, guys, I love to change my mind! But in my opinion, if you make a right decision, you don’t ever regret it. If you’re wondering whether it was the right decision? It wasn’t!
Blog name, domain etc is switching back to barricadesofheaven.com. It’s consistent with my Instagram, and although it’s not stitchy-specific (part of the reason I changed it), I just like the ‘feel’ of it so much better!
So anyway, sorry for messing you about (again), but hopefully you’ll all still get posts and that – I’m so appreciative of everyone who follows this little blog – thanks for sticking with me, we’re not done yet!
Hello again! Socks are a bit addictive, aren’t they? These are my second pair, although not being one of those bloggers we’re always being warned about, who only show you the things that turn out great, I will admit to making a very sad prototype which was all saggy round the picot and pointy at the toe… It was so depressing, that I couldn’t bear to make its pair, but I still thought my idea was good, so amended the pattern to address the issues. Continue reading
Evening everyone! Hope you’re all well, and not feeling like it should be Friday already… Anyway… If this fabric looks familiar, it’ll probably be because it’s been everywhere for the last few years, but also maybe because it’s the second thing I’ve made from my length… I think I’m a tad on the cautious side when I buy fabric – I like to know I won’t run out, you know? Continue reading
Happy Bank Holiday everyone! In true British holiday style, it’s so cold and wet that if I had a stove, I would be in front of it wrapped in a blanket. I really wish I was, you guys… Continue reading
Now I’m sure my guy isn’t the first to have lodged a request for a fair-isle pullover, and received a pair of self-striping socks. I bet that’s happened a few times, no? Continue reading
Hi again! This is what my sewing has looked like for the last couple of weeks… Quilting a really-quite-large quilt on a domestic machine in 2-hour stints… Thing is, I’m really enjoying it, which is just as well, as I’m… almost halfway… Continue reading
Morning! Bit of a tutorial today, though nothing very involved. Paul’s mum and dad were getting rid of some lamps, and you know how I don’t like to pass up free stuff… the shades that were with them were so hideous I almost said no to the whole lot, but once I thought about it, the bases are pretty much perfect to go on our dresser! Continue reading